How can I participate?
The rules for participants at the Global Design Jam FAQ say:
- Sign up in advance at the location of your choice.
- Don't wait to follow the Jam on Twitter () and on Facebook.
- Show up on time.
- Bring any special tools you need.
- Do not bring a team or an idea. These will form at the Jam.
- Do not bring pre-made content. The ideas developed at the Jam should be new.
- Work together in a spirit of conversation and co-operation.
- Be prepared to share the results of your work under a Creative Commons license.
- Have fun!
Why should I participate?
- As a participant in the Global Service Jam, you'll be jamming for 48 hours on a concrete idea. You'll move through the whole development process in one weekend. And you won't just be talking about design or sustainability, you will be workingwith others on developing ideas, designs and initiatives which could become real.
- Whether you are experienced or completely new to the field, you will learn more about a design-based approach to creativity, and about sustainability.
- You will pick up a load of new ideas and work practices.
- You will meet a lot of cool people at all levels of experience.
- Your work and ideas will be reviewed by your peers, and presented to the world, where they can be seen by potential customers or employers, or by people who could make them real.
- You will create something that might make a real difference.
- You might get rich and famous.
- You will certainly have a blast